ST. PAUL, Minn., January 30, 2018 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 16 grants totaling $121,782 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $15,000 to City of Medora Fire Department for breathing apparatuses
- $10,000 to Amidon Fire Protection District for fire truck
- $10,000 to McKenzie County Veterans Services for Watford City Memorial Veterans Park
- $10,000 to Mountrail County Disaster Emergency Services for sirens
- $10,000 to St. Luke's Hospital for therapeutic infusion administration project
- $10,000 to Williston Rural Fire Department for tanker/pumper truck
- $8,391 to Portal International Fire Department to replace water tender/tanker vehicle
- $8,391 to Powers Lake Volunteer Rural Fire Protection District for tanker truck
- $7,500 to Dickinson Area Community Foundation for Friendship Park
- $7,500 to Kenmare Housing Corporation for repairs and renovation
- $5,000 to ABLE, Inc. for two wheelchair accessible minivans
- $5,000 to Home On The Range for evaluation and stabilization wing
- $5,000 to James Memorial for renovations
- $5,000 to New England Lions Club for Lions Park renovations
- $2,500 to Bowbells Senior Citizens (a.k.a. Bowbells Community Club) for kitchen renovation
- $2,500 to North Dakota Safety Council for safety training tower
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by April 30, 2018.
AgriBank is one of the largest banks within the national Farm Credit System, with over $100 billion in total assets. Under the Farm Credit System's cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 Farm Credit Associations. The AgriBank District covers America's Midwest, a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. With about half of the nation's cropland located in the AgriBank District and over 100 years of experience, the Bank and its Association owners have significant expertise in providing financial products and services for rural communities and agriculture. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), Schaan Crop Insurance (Rugby) and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, stock financing for energy, feed, or food processing and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.