ST. PAUL, Minn., May 29, 2019 —
Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 14 grants totaling $199,844 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $35,000 to Kalix – Minot for a mobility van
- $30,000 to Burke County Sheriff’s Office to equip a K9 vehicle and patrol vehicles
- $27,500 to Dunn County Sheriff’s Office to purchase a K9 and provide handler training
- $25,000 to Stanley Rural Ambulance District for an advanced patient simulator
- $15,000 to CHI St. Alexius Health for domestic violence workshops
- $15,000 to ABLE, Inc. towards a backup generator for housing for the disabled
- $11,250 to Tolley Fire Department for bunker gear replacement
- $10,000 to St Luke’s Hospital for an HVAC project at the Sunrise Care Center
- $10,000 to Parshall Rural Ambulance District for a power loading cot system
- $6,000 to Minot Commission on Aging, Inc. for technology upgrades
- $5,000 to Catholic Workman Hall in New Hradec for kitchen safety upgrades
- $5,000 to Community Food Pantry in Ryder for furniture and appliances
- $3,000 to Glenburn Food Pantry for appliances
- $2,094 to McKenzie County Ambulance Service for pediatric transport restraints
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at
www.farmcreditmandan.com by August 30, 2019.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit's cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax, recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.