ST. PAUL, Minn., December 21, 2020 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 10 grants totaling $169,000 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety and emergency services.
The latest grants include:
- $30,000 to McKenzie County Rural Fire District – Keene Department towards a new fire hall
- $25,000 to Stark County Sheriff's Office for new police radio equipment
- $25,000 to Antler Rural Fire Protection District towards a fire hall addition
- $20,000 to Zap Rural Fire Protection District towards a fire truck
- $20,000 to Fortuna Rural Fire Protection District towards a fire truck
- $15,000 to Amidon Fire Protection District towards a fire truck
- $10,000 to Columbus Rural Fire Protection District towards a firefighting vehicle
- $10,000 to Burke County Sheriff's Office for shop equipment
- $9,000 to Stanton City Volunteer Fire Department towards a new fire station
- $5,000 to Northland Health Centers for a medical clinic security system
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of local communities impacted by expanded mineral exploration and production in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by May 31, 2021.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit's cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurance to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in central and northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax, recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.