ST. PAUL, Minn., June 5, 2017 - Today Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota announced 18 grants worth $116,850 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
"The number of grant requests has grown substantially," said Claude Sem, CEO of Farm Credit Services of North Dakota. "It is great to know so many communities in oil impacted areas who need financial assistance to support their programs and services are able to benefit from our resources. We are proud to give back to those communities."
The latest grants include:
- $25,000 to the Minot Vocational Adjustment Workshop for the purchase of a new vehicle for the Kalix Human Connection Program
- $10,000 to the Coal Country Community Health Center for X-ray equipment at the Killdeer clinic
- $10,000 to the Tioga Senior Citizens Club for a vehicle they will use for Meals on Wheels, providing transportation for area seniors
- $7,000 to the Women's Alliance for a new crisis center in Dickinson
- $6,000 to the Portal International Fire Department to replace a water tanker truck
- $5,000 to Bakken Oil Rush Ministry for the purchase and renovation of two buildings needed to support their work
- $5,000 to the Belfield Volunteer Fire Department for equipment needed to protect firefighters in Beach
- $5,000 to the Columbus Rural Fire Department to replace a water tanker truck
- $5,000 to Eckert Youth Homes for a fitness park for at-risk youth
- $5,000 to the Golden Valley Rural Fire Protection District for equipment
- $5,000 to the Lignite Fire Protection District for a fire and rescue utility terrain vehicle
- $5,000 to the Mercer County Ambulance Service, Inc. to furnish a new addition in Hazen
- $5,000 to the Stark County Veterans Memorial Association for the Stark County Veterans Memorial Pavilion in Dickinson
- $5,000 to the Taylor Rural Fire Protection District to build a new fire hall and renovate the old hall into a community meeting space
- $5,000 to the Tioga Medical Center for an enzyme immunoassay analyzer
- $3,500 to the Mohall Ambulance Service for new defibrillators
- $3,350 to the Williams County 4-H for educational equipment
- $2,000 to the Bowbells Parent Teacher Organization for a children's reading program and equipment
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com before August 31, 2017.
AgriBank is one of the largest banks within the national Farm Credit System, with over $100 billion in total assets. Under the Farm Credit System's cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 17 Farm Credit Associations. The AgriBank District covers America's Midwest, a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. With about half of the nation's cropland located in the AgriBank District and over 100 years of experience, the Bank and its Association owners have significant expertise in providing financial products and services for rural communities and agriculture. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
About Farm Credit Services of North Dakota
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), Schaan Crop Insurance (Rugby) and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
About Farm Credit Services of Mandan
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, stock financing for energy, feed, or food processing and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.