ST. PAUL, Minn., September 26, 2018 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 15 grants totaling $139,996 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $26,203 to Trinity Health Foundation for an ambulance
- $20,000 to Donnybrook Rural Fire District for a new fire hall
- $19,396 to Minot Police Department for a new K-9
- $10,000 to St. Luke's Hospital for a portable ultrasound machine
- $10,000 to Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Center for new garage stalls
- $9,000 to Divide County Sheriff's Office for rescue vehicle equipment
- $8,000 to Minot Area Men's Winter Refuge for a bus
- $6,900 to Hebron Ambulance Service for CPR and first-aid courses
- $6,600 to Northwest Landowners Association for creation of a new website
- $5,000 to Community Ambulance Service for new laptop computers
- $5,000 to Mercer County Ambulance Service for a portable ventilator machine
- $5,000 to Westhope Rural Fire Protection District for updated turnout gear
- $3,897 to Bowman/Slope Community Cupboard for new freezers
- $3,000 to House of Manna for roofing and storage
- $2,000 to Sod Busters Club of Bowman for a new front door at a senior center
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by November 30, 2018.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit's cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), Schaan Crop Insurance (Rugby) and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, stock financing for energy, feed, or food processing and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.